At La Cité Écologique, young adults hold a place of choice! Indeed, they have the opportunity to fulfill their human potential and participate in multiple projects: travelling around the world, training and involvement in La Cité’s businesses, creating eco-friendly companies… At the end of their high school, two years of experience in the businesses are required to test their organizational skills, manual abilities, sociability etc. During this period, they will discover an area that suits them among the variety offered. Subsequently, several will be offered a position within the management of the ecovillage.
- In charge of production in a company
- Designer for new products
- Buying department
- Computer management
They are also free to pursue their higher education in the school of their choice or by correspondence. Create and start a new business is also possible! Many young adults have done it.
- Deuxième Chance (creating unique up-cycling clothing)
- Ressources Energyterre (recycling)
- Patrick’s Recycling (fruits and vegetables brokers)
- Respecterre (creating eco-friendly clothing sold all across Canada)
- Smart Energy (installation of solar energy systems in USA and CAN)
- CAP Éco-Communautaire (sustainability training center in Ham-Nord, Quebec, CAN)